Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

On The Beat - Episode 340 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up May 20th, 2016
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: On The Beat - Episode 340 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up May 20th, 2016

Like and share this with your friends on Facebook

On The Beat - Episode 340 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up May 20th, 2016 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hi everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready.

Have a great weekend!

blog.totallyguitars.com/guitar-news/tota...ap-up-may-20th-2016/

itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/totally-guitars/id519276594

Just as I was recovered from coughing fits and ready to get back to lesson production,
the roofers showed up and started pounding away all day. Rather than subject
everybody to more background noise than usual, I went into planning and prep mode
for future lessons. Sorry for the neglect but I am sure everybody has plenty of bullets
on their list at this point.

I do want to thank Vanessa for a great lesson on Africa by Toto, especially going into
detail about the harmonies. I did manage to dig up a FOTW with Fred running through
Here Comes That Rainy Day Again by The Fortunes to add a little more to the week.

Today’s News started off with a little run through of George Harrison’s Sour Milk Sea,
along with some of the unusual characteristics of the song.

Tomorrow, May 21, we will be blasting out another webcast, this one featuring my friend
and colleague Max Rich from Totally Electric Guitars talking about his new DVD, Prince
Revealed. This is the beginning of a series showcasing some of the electric guitar legends.

Other than that, we had a stab at the melody to Africa and a little ragtime to wrap up the
week.

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil
TGKatylight
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: On The Beat - Episode 340 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up May 20th, 2016 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
TGNeil

Is the Entertainer

thereshopeyet
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Never Bb - Never B# - Always B♮

Re: On The Beat - Episode 340 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up May 20th, 2016 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
Grossman, whose arrangement is also based on that Dutch guy's, teaches playing the descending bit on the D chord (in the first section) down in the second position. He said it was too hard to do it up where you have it. I've made a couple of feeble tries to figure it out, but then I realized it doesn't sound *that* much better up high. Somewhat better, though, so if you do end up doing this lesson, I will try that.
unclewalt
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1