Here we go with a pretty easy challenge. Hippo Campus is a group of very young musicians writing and performing some catchy songs. I have to thank my friend and TG business partner Matt Williams for bringing them to my attention.
Listen to this studio version and answer the questions below.
1. What key is it in?
2. How many main chords? (Meaning not worrying about a m7 as separate from the same minor chord)
3. Can you figure out the easiest way to play the opening guitar lines?
4. What is the 2nd guitar doing when it enters at 0:16, and at 1:14?
5. What chord is the 2nd guitar playing at 0:45 and 0:49?
6. What slight change happens in the bass at 1:05?
7. What types of chords happen at 2:29? (Extra credit for the exact voicings)
Again, please PM me with your answers and I will go over this on next week's TG News.
I am really glad some of you have taken this up. Most of the messages I have gotten show that you're hearing most of it.
A hint and a thought-
Everybody got the right key, not an acoustic guitar friendly one, and proposed some ways of using a capo to get there. The band did this on electrics, using no open strings, and without a capo. Think about patterns that make the opening guitar part very easy.