Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

UO Ducks--"Ducker" Punch
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: UO Ducks--"Ducker" Punch

Like and share this with your friends on Facebook

UO Ducks--"Ducker" Punch 10 Years, 11 Months ago  
University of Oregon Ducks lost an ugly game last night to Boise St. The horrid play was only overshadowed by the classless thuggery of Running Back LaGarette Blount who punched a Boise St. player after the game and then attacked his own players and then tried to attack the fans! What an embarrasment. He should be kicked off the team. For those who missed it here it is already on youtube: As a UO grad--but not a huge fan--I'm ashamed.
gingold

Last Edit: 2009/09/04 11:50 By .
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:UO Ducks--"Ducker" Punch 10 Years, 11 Months ago  
Couldn't agree more.

What a complete an utter idiot, he should be banned for a long time/if not for life, and he should be charged by the police- in the United Kingdon I think it would be classed as assault or actual bodily harm.

If any of us did that we'd end up in a cell, he should to.

Hardly the sprt of person for kids to look up to either, is he.

Well, that's my rant over.

Any chance of a Walter Payton clip to set the balance straight, now there was a player, gentleman too.

Joe
heyjoe
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

Re:UO Ducks-- 10 Years, 11 Months ago  
heyjoe wrote:

Any chance of a Walter Payton clip to set the balance straight, now there was a player, gentleman too.

Joe

Ahhh Sweetness #34. The best Running Back I ever saw, and yes, class all the way. Unfortunately the unsportsman-like trend in the U.S. doesn't seem to be waning. It's a freakin' game for Pete's sake!
gingold

Its the same over here in the UK, a guy over here has just been banned for 2 games after he dived in a football match, soccer as you know it. He was reprimanded for intentionally deceiving the referee. He should have been banned for a lot longer.

Its all about the money I think, as soon as money enters a sport, professionalism comes in, and sportsmanship pretty much goes away.

Joe
heyjoe
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

thats why i don't have anything more on some pro/sports , they are the pro's,lets see some game pro's........don't fight..

ps i wanna know what the man said before the other kicked him, i think that wasn't brave???
willem
summertime and the living is easy
Platinum Boarder
graph
Thank you for the days those endless days,those sacred days you gave me

Remember this is COLLEGE football. The players aren't even paid (although most get a free education). Good to know my tuition fees went to help out such upstanding individuals!
gingold

I agree this guy should be thrown off of the team and banned from playing. There is absolutely no excuse for that type of behavior. He should also be charged by the local authorities for assault.

I would even consider fining the coach or Oregon program if string disciplinary measures are not taken.

That's my rant.

Ric
rcsnydley
playing the newest TARGET song to friends & family
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

willem wrote:

ps i wanna know what the man said before the other kicked him, i think that wasn't brave???

I'm sure it wasn't comlimentary. By the way, Blount said before the game that they owed Boise St. an "a-- whooping" from last year's loss. Maybe if he played as well as he punched they might have won the game. Hey Blount here's a phrase that will help you in your future career: "Would you like fries with that?"
gingold

Last Edit: 2009/09/04 13:27 By .

oops, forgot they were college kids..

..maybe he has a new career in mind, with that punch I'm sure he'll be getting a call from Don King soon...a career in boxing maybe?

Joe
heyjoe
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Having graduated from the University of Oregon's cross state rival Oregon State I am NOT a big fan of the Duck's football program. But this kind of behavior puts a stain on their program, their University and the entire State. Our paper, the Oregonian, is calling for Blount's dismissal from the team and putting the onus on their new coach to show some leadership and get rid of a problem player.

Many are offering up excuses this morning for this dreadful behavior and this kid's tough upbringing. Doesn't matter. He is getting a full, free education courtesy of the taxpayers of this state and he owes them something much more than being an embarrassment. Now it's time for Blount to leave college football and go to the NFL where one's behavior doesn't seem to matter as long as a team can put fans in the seats!

Very bad day for the University of Oregon. I hope they do the right thing and send a message. Do they have the courage or will they worry more about their football season? We'll see!!
BigBear
In-a -gadda-da-vida baby!!
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
“Among God's creatures two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes, in order not be separated from the man”
- Andre Segovia

Go to topPage: 123